Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bumble bee tuna! in other words... AFRICA

"Cheers!"

At the end of November through December 16 of 2009, Jared and I (and baby Reese in the belly) took a 19 hour flight to South Africa! Why????? Well I have dreamed of going there my whole life and it just so happened that our cousins Ben and Camille Garrison lived there! First on the agenda was Cape Town!


Cape town was awesome! It was so beautiful and had amazing beaches. I was INCREDIBLY sick and was throwing up right and left so for our first night when we stayed at a hostel which was very interesting and did not sit well with my stomach. There were black hairs on our pillows (short and curly) and a bathroom for everyone and their dog to use which didn't help my sensitive nose! It was quite the experience! We were losers and forgot to take a picture.. We ended up staying at a really nice place the last few nights we were in Cape Town and it was a major upgrade!


Nelson Mandela's House

Random Building in Johannesburg

Women selling food on the sides of the streets. I took this picture right before this little girl got smacked in the head by her mom... ha

Talented









We Then went to the Lion Park where we were able to get up close and personal with the big cats. This Black Panther was a little guy. I had never seen one nor had I EVER been that close to a big cat. It was so cool!

These Jaguars would chase me as I ran up and down their cage.

Ok... Now this was kind of scary. Yes there was a fence between us but still... its head was the size of my freaking body... It was first laying at the back of the cage then saw me sit next to his cage and crouched down about to kill me and sprung up and ran right to my face... I jumped back and screamed.

mmmm tiff soup

Hey, could you get me out of here?

So pretty

Again... inches away from my face.

Stupid fence


Alright now this was my most favorite part of the trip I must say... We got to play with baby lions! These little guys were right in the middle of lunch and were sucking on the meat.

Um see that huge one? Her name is Sheeba and I think she was a little too big to be playing with people. Playing to a cat that size would actually mean ripping off a finger and biting a chunk out of a leg. She was cute! We had to be careful with her and make sure that we didn't let her bite us! Anytime we would play with another cub she would come jumping on us wanting attention.

And please bless my mane that is will grow big and fluffy

I'm gunna be a mighty king so enemies beware
I'm gunna be the main event with just a little hair...

Yes dear... I promise I will always be there for you
(White Lions)

THE BRITISH ARE COMING!
(This guy was standing outside of our car and was so massive!)

White Lion

Ok I love this picture! This Lioness is so incredibly beautiful not to mention she is freaking WHITE!

ooooshabooboo! Strangely they look alike!

Sandpaper tongue

We got to sit, pet and chill with Eddie the Cheetah. Every time a fly would land on him (which was every freaking 10 seconds) he would flinch which would make my life flash right before my eyes... ha Cheetahs were Michael's favorite animals since he was a little boy so I bet he was jealous.

Ha oh Ben... it was nice knowing ya
They smelt like wet dog but they were so cute and cuddly! Yay!
                         
I was so happy. I felt like I was living a flipping  dream.


1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun!! (ok, minus the sick part). I miss Africa so much!!

    ReplyDelete